1. Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a double boiler. Before you even start the next step make sure that you have the rest of your ingredients ready. You will need it because you are emulsifying the egg yolks. Believe me, those suckers can develop little lumps in about 2.3 seconds.
2. Add egg yolks and begin the whisking.
3. Add a bit of milk to thin, always whisking. Making hollandaise with oil instead of butter is a little bit more touchy and you will need a steady hand when adding the milk.
4. Add a dash of paprika and about a teaspoon of orange zest.
5. Just before it is finished, add three tablespoons of goat cheese and continue to whisk until the goat cheese is completely incorporated.
6. Pour over eggs poached in honey water. Add a touch of white vinegar to the boiling water so that the egg will stay together.
The Heated Bananas
1. Heat olive oil in a pan.
2. Slice down the centre of a chilli pepper and add to the pan. Sauté the pepper until it take on a roasted appearance.
3. Add bananas that have been sliced on the bias. If you dust them with just a smidge of potato starch the banana slices will crisp.
4. Sprinkle the bananas with sugar, wait just a few minutes and remove from the heat.
Poking out from beneath that feathery egg is a piece of seared salami. For an added sweetness, spread creamed honey on your toast or english muffin and garnish with a bit of orange zest. Food bliss.